A Quick History of Maths
From Counting Cavemen to Big Data
You will discover:
- How to count on your fingers (there are more ways than you might think!)
- Why we have 60 seconds in a minute (hint: it's to do with the ancient Babylonians)
- How to count like an Egyptian (using hieroglyphs)
- Why it's hip to be square using square numbers
- A Pythagorean party trick
- The naked truth of Archimedes' bath time mathematics
- How to do matha-magic with magic squares
- ...and much more.
In chronological order from pre-history to present day, this is the story of maths itself. It's 43,000 years of human mathematical endeavor squeezed into one book for your reading pleasure. Illustrated with funny cartoons and packed with fascinating facts, you'll be laughing and learning how to be a better mathematician.
|Book publisher||Wide Eyed Editions|
|Publication date||31 Mar 2020|