The rules below are applicable to all competitions and giveaways (henceforth "competitions") conducted by or on behalf of Monwell Ltd t/a The Guardian Bookshop until further notice or until amended. Except where specific instructions for a competition provides otherwise, these rules will apply to each competition.
By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these rules as amended from time to time, and by any competition instructions. Failure to adhere to these rules could lead to their disqualification without reasons being given or opportunity for challenge.
- Unless otherwise stated, all competitions are only open to UK residents over the age of 18.
- Unless otherwise stated, no purchase is necessary for entry.
- There are no cash alternatives to the prize/s and they are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Unless the competition instructions carry specific indication, only one entry/vote per entrant will be permitted. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified.
- Unless otherwise stated in the competition details, there is only one prize available.
- The decision of the Judges shall be final and unchallengeable and they may declare the competition void if they consider there are no entries reaching the appropriate standard or criteria. No correspondence shall be entered into regarding the Judges’ decision.
- Judges shall have the right to change the rules of a competition while it is running if it appears to them that it would be equitable or appropriate to do so, including the extension of the closing date.
- Entries which are incorrect, illegible, incomplete or received after the closing date will be invalid.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable.
- Employees of Monwell Ltd and Guardian News & Media Ltd, any competition partners and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
- Proof of submission of an entry will not constitute proof of delivery and no responsibility will be accepted for lost, corrupted, delayed or mislaid entries.
- Winners will be chosen in accordance with the competition instructions and will either be the first correct entry drawn from the total entries or, where appropriate, entries will be assessed and the prize awarded to the entry that the Judges consider the best.
- By entering, competitors agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Monwell Ltd reserves the right to publish the names of winners and runners-up and all winners are required to give their full cooperation if participation in publicity is required.
- If any winner of a competition is unable to take up a prize or if, after making reasonable efforts, we are unable to make contact with the winner within 2 working days of the closing date, we reserve the right to award the prize to an alternative winner without notice to the first winner chosen.
- Unless you have chosen to receive other information, Monwell Ltd will solely use the data you provide for the purpose of running the competition, including contacting winners, publicising the winner’s details and the distribution of any prize.
- Entry into any competition does not give rise to any binding agreement.