History of Britain in Maps: Over 90 Maps of our nation through time
Every map tells a story and this book tells the incredible history of Britain through maps, and includes many famous examples of cartography, along with some that deserve to be better known. See the establishment of Great Britain, the British Empire expand, the impact of World Wars and the latest statistical mapping.
* Rudge Cup (schematic map of western forts on Hadrian's Wall), 2nd century AD
* Matthew Paris map of the Anglian Heptarchy (Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms), c. 1250
* Gough map of Britain, 1360
* Cambriae Typus, first published map of Wales, 1573
* Raven maps of the Ulster Plantations, 1622
* Enclosure map (eg of Norfolk, c. 1800)
* Booth Poverty Map of London, 1886
* Map of Beeching cuts to Britain's railways, 1963
* Map of EU Referendum voting patterns, 2016
|Publication date||18 September 2017|
Free UK delivery on all online orders over £10. First class, international and UK next day delivery options are available at additional cost. Please see our delivery and returns page for full information.