Your family therapist in a book
Parenting a child from around aged 10 can be a testing time for today's parents. In addition to the onset of trademark teenage behaviours, many families are seeing a marked increase in worrying dysfunctional issues like high levels of anxiety, depression, aggression or apathy, screen addiction (social media, gaming and pornography), eating issues, binge drinking, drugs and self harm.
These problems have their roots in dysregulated anxiety, but once they have become established habits, they risk being categorized as a mental health disorder and are difficult to reverse without professional help. Often there is little obvious warning beforehand as teens start to explore their image, identity, socializing and relationships with peers, pushing boundaries and establishing independent attitudes.
This positive, practical and straightforward Parent's Survival Guide will help all parents to:
- Feel more informed and aware about growing up today
- Know how to respond and react effectively to a wide range of issues
- Maintain a positive influence whilst they grow up
- Keep lines of communication open
- Provide a balanced parent/teenage relationship
- Establish a secure, safe, home and family life
- Boost a child's self-esteem and self-confidence
- Build their child's resilience skills
- Have a positive impact on their child's mental health and wellbeing
|Publication date||8 May 2014|
Free UK delivery on all online orders over £15. First class, international and UK next day delivery options are available at additional cost. Please see our delivery and returns page for full information.