What Data Reveals About Billion-Dollar Startups
Every VC wants to find the next billion dollar company to invest in, and every startup wants to become one. Ali Tamaseb set out to find patterns in the backgrounds, methods, and trajectories of these companies, gathering and analyzing 40,000 data points about the 200+ billion dollar companies and the people who founded them. And you'll be surprised by what he discovered:
* Half of unicorn founders are over 35;
* Most founders don't have any directly relevant work experience in the industry they're disrupting;
* There's no disadvantage to being a solo founder;
* Sixty percent of billion dollar companies are started by repeat entrepreneurs, many of whom already have at least one $50M+ exit under their belt; and
* Over half of these companies were competing with multiple incumbents at the time of their founding.
Super Founders gives readers an unprecedented look at what the data tells us about the world's most successful startups and the people who create them. A blend of data, analysis, stories based on exclusive interviews, this book is a paradigm-shifting guide for entrepreneurs and the investment community. You may look more like a Super Founder than you think!
|Publication date||10 Jun 2021|