Thesis and Dissertation Writing in a Second Language
A Handbook for Students and their Supervisors
Fully updated and packed with new material, the second edition of Thesis and Dissertation Writing in a Second Language is the ideal guide for non-native speaker students and their supervisors working on writing a thesis or dissertation in English.
Considering the purposes of thesis and dissertation of writing alongside writer/reader relationships, this book uses accessible language and practical examples to discuss issues that are crucial to successful thesis and dissertation writing. This edition offers:
- Insights into the experience of being a doctoral writer, issues of writer identity, and writing with authority
- Typical language and discourse features of theses and dissertations
- Advice on the structure and organisation of key sections
- Suggestions for online resources which support writing
- Extracts from completed theses and dissertations
- Guidance on understanding examiner expectations
- Advice on publishing from a PhD
Suitable for students from all disciplines, Thesis and Dissertation Writing in a Second Language is essential reading for non-native speaker students looking to complete a thesis or dissertation in English.
|Book publisher||Taylor & Francis Ltd|
|Publication date||7 Aug 2019|